Friday, May 22, 2009

The Farmhouse




I was nervous when I drove to Grey Towers on Monday morning. Even though I had worked in the field of public history before and knew what to expect (somewhat) from this job, the idea of living on site all summer made me a bit apprehensive. When I got to Grey Towers and Lori McKean, my boss, showed me around, I immediately felt better. Below are some photos I snapped that first day when Lori brought me to the farmhouse, which is where I will be living for the rest of the summer.

In the front yard there is this sweet creek, and a picnic table.

The porch is nice to sit and read on when the weather is warm.

Inside the farmhouse is somewhat modern. There is no internet access or cable television, but that just means that I will have lots of time to read, right? I have not begun to explore the area outside of the farmhouse very much, but it seems like there are lots of places to walk, bike, and there are a few hiking trails on Grey Towers’ property.

No comments: