Saturday, July 12, 2008

My presentation in Harrisburg

I used to avoid detailing my down time at the Homestead because I didn't think it was very interesting. The truth is though that some days I have a lot of it. Today I am preparing the power point presentation that I somehow got stuck giving on July 23rd in Harrisburg. This is a slightly difficult task right now because none of the interpretitive sundays that I am supposed to be working on have taken place yet. Hardly a good way to get pictures for the presentation. And when it comes to powerpoint I am all about the pictures. Tomorow is our first interpretive sunday. I have to dress up in period garb again. This time there will be pictures because I have no choice in the matter.

When I originally began to work on the presentation I tried to make it a summary of my entire summer. Bad idea. It only has to be 15 minutes long. So I had to start over in a sense today, which was a shame because I really liked the slides I had made, and I normally hate powerpoint. But alas, now I am just detailing the projects I have been working on. This is much more maneagable. Interpretive Sundays is one. Driving tours is another. I am even thinking of throwing the iron conservation project in there. For a fifteen minute presentation I think this is all I will need.

No comments: